Airline O2C Finance Manager
|TUI Business:||TUI Business Services|
Germany | Hannover | 30625 | Karl-Wiechert-Allee 4
|Hours per week:||38,5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
**Responsible for managing the Onboard Sales and Airline Finance teams, providing a high quality, efficient and effective service for TUI Airways in UK and TUIfly in Central Region.
Will provide direction, support and an escalation route for the team and its internal and external customers, ensuring that the team have and operate appropriate systems, processes and controls to deliver a consistently high-quality service. The Airline Manager Accounts Receivable will maintain a strong and positive working relationship with all stakeholders, whilst business partnering key managers across the airline up to and including Director level. The role will manage a team of staff across multiple locations to deliver excellent service, in line with service level agreements.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage, coach and develop teams across multiple locations, including objective setting, performance management and targeted development. 40%
- Ensure processes operate effectively and within service level or Union agreements, examples include crew commission calculations, IATA and UATP. 10%
- Maintain a controlled environment, particularly during periods of change . Ensure impact of developments and changes are understood, risks identified, and relevant controls developed and implemented to protect the integrity of the processes. 10%
- Ensure correct and timely accounting of revenues, effective risk management of outstanding balances, including communicating in a timely and effective way to management and key stakeholders; and escalating issues to the Financial Controller within a reasonable timeframe. 10%
- Continual review of processes and business requirements to identify improvements to deliver optimal cost/service balance. Robust KPIs would be regularly published to monitor and assess efficiency and effectiveness. 10%
- Maintain effective communication and dialogue between all parties to deliver an efficient and timely accounting service. This includes managing relationships across other areas of Finance, particularly Banking, Payroll and Airline Finance, across the Operational Airline departments and airports; with IT departments responsible for the maintenance of the complex systems used; and with external partners such as 3rd party service providers. 10%
- Active involvement and support in Airline development projects and innovations that impact Inflight and Ancillary Revenue; ensuring that a clear TGBS Finance perspective is included at the earliest stage with input into process design; and that process changes are fully tested before implementation. 5%
- Resolution of issues escalated by the team in a timely and professional manner ; maintaining and archiving appropriate records to satisfy audit and statutory requirements; and other ad-hoc activities as deemed necessary including cover and support for some duties of the Financial Controller. 5%
• Well-developed leadership skills
• Good in English; fluent in German
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong organisational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Accounting or Business Studies qualification
• Experience in finance and accounting areas; preferably some of which in a processing function
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good influencing skills
• Experience of project involvement
• Knowledge of Airline systems/processes e.g. Vector. IATA
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.