Airline Flight Operations Manuals Manager
TUI Airline Flight Operations is to be the single service provider to TUI AOC’s for all operating policies, documentation, performance tools and flight operations support. We will develop and improve compliant and consistent operating policies and procedures for flight and cabin crew and ensure that all other operating manuals documentation are consistent and included in the document management system. The team will also drive best practice in fuel and environment management in order to deliver the TUI Group Sustainable Development objectives.
The main purpose of TUI Airline Flight Operations Manuals Manager is to establish and ensure the manuals standards for all TUI Flight operational manuals. Leading a team of consisting of the Subject Matter Experts and Document control officer, the Flight Operations Manuals Manager will:
- manage the Flight Operations manuals revision cycle (for OM A-B-C-D, SEP and EFB Manual) and secure all processes required for on time delivery of manuals
- manage the document management system from the user point of view
- interact with the subcontractor of the document management system
- interface with TUI Procurement and Supplier Management to communicate contractual issues and define the business requirements
- own the Document Management System Manual, support and verify its optimal implementation across the TUI AOC’s and in the document management system
- support the local NP’s in all matters regarding Flight Operations documentation
- interact with local NP’s to make sure that the service provided is the most efficient service in line with the requirements of the NP’s.
The Flight Operations Manuals Manager is responsible for the document management system and will work closely with IT to define and maintain system requirements and identify and implement improvements.
As a manager in TUI Airline Flight Operations, the Flight Operations Manuals Manager will support delivery of the TUI Airline Flight Operations Procedures vision of a single set of operating manuals for all TUI AOC’s, and to build effective processes and ways of working to enable all airlines to operate with common procedures.
Your goal is also, in view of training costs, to:
- minimize difference training for pilots changing aircraft type
- enable MFF across all fleet
- minimize difference training for crew members changing AOC
- minimize training requirements for either seat qualifications across all fleet
- enable standard training programs across the TUI AOC’s
The most efficient and standardized training starts by standardizing as much as possible the Flight operations manuals and publications and this standardization task is in scope of the TUI Airline Flight Operations Manuals Manager.
Together with your team of Subject Matter Experts, you will be responsible to produce flight operations manuals that maximize safety, efficiency and minimize cost. You will review the procedures in comparison to our competitors and safety requirements to ascertain that TUI Airline is at the cutting edge of the industry in safety and efficiency on how we operate our fleet.
What You will be doing:
As the Flight Operations Manuals Manager you will establish the TUI flight operations manual standards, including consistent formatting and wording for all documentation. With your team you will be accountable for incorporating the flight operations manuals revision cycle into document management system with appropriate activities and processes to ensure on time delivery of the manuals. You team will also deliver any out of cycle adjustments to the manual ensuring timely availability in the system.
You will work with TUI Airline IT to define the IT requirements and work as the system SME to ensure its operation meets the requirements of nominated persons of the local TUI AOCs. The Flight Operations Manuals team will identify system improvements and refinements, including those identified by end users of the system across the TUI airlines and NAAs. The Flight Operations Manual Manager will work with IT to implement any changes, updates or replacement activities as required, including supporting the production of business cases.
You will lead the team of people responsible for TUI Airline Flight Operations Manuals production. Your responsibility include responsibility for providing an excellent service to the local NP’s directing the activities of Subject Matter Experts, who will dedicate an appropriate proportion of their time to manage and update the flight operations manuals. The Flight Operations Manuals Manager is responsible to develop and motivate the team to deliver high quality output, and ensure application of agreed timescales.
The TUI Airline Flight Operations Manuals Manager will write, manage and update the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Flight Operations Documentation between TUI Airline and the TUI AOC’s to the satisfaction of all stakeholders, including the authorities.
The TUI Airline Flight Operations Manuals Manager will write, manage and update the departmental handbook (DMSM) for Flight Operations Documentation describing the processes and tasks of the team members to the satisfaction of all stakeholders, including the authorities.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with accountability for production or publication of manuals
- Experience in a Flight Operations (or closely associated) department of a sizeable airline as administrator, engineer, project lead or manager
- Ability to work to a regulated timetable of activities, with actions owned by multiple stakeholders, including external third parties
- Confidence as the business owner of an IT tool; works with users and IT to identify and implement system improvements and modifications
- A proactive people manager, with experience of working with teams from different cultural backgrounds, or in matrix organizations
- Able to motivate colleagues from other teams to deliver to specific goals and objectives, often under pressurized timescales
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders in different departments; is able to focus on delivering to stakeholder requirements
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage, excellent communication skills in (at least) English both verbally and in written format