App Acquisition Manager - Paid Media
London, United Kingdom
The impact of a global pandemic requires a rapid and far-reaching transformation in TUI’s business model. Innovation in mobile was already changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with TUI. Following COVID-19, our customers now look to TUI’s Mobile App to provide critical self-service capabilities throughout their journey with TUI. We also have ambitious growth plans to reach 15% of TUI’s revenue through the Mobile App.
A key factor in this digital transformation will be driving app usage to drive increased commercial value from our mobile app, in particular the growth of new app users from both TUI’s existing customer base, and also through new customer acquisition.
The role will directly support and impact our commercial growth strategy through quality user acquisition, primarily through all available paid media channels, who will be retained and drive first time and repeat usage and regularly purchase through the mobile app, driving strong commercial return and value.
The role will work closely with market level digital teams and the wider group level paid media teams with the goal of building a highly advanced and effective paid media acquisition strategy to support overall commercial growth KPIs. To achieve this, we are now seeking an experienced Paid Media App Acquisition Manager to lead global app acquisition growth via effective paid marketing media channels. Delivering this at scale will require a blend of data driven marketing expertise, technical expertise, customer focus and stakeholder engagement and the ability to navigate complexity to shape and deliver an effective strategy and ultimately growth of new users which grow passengers and revenue from the mobile app. This role will work closely with the App Engagement Marketing Manager, App Commercial Marketing team, App Analytics team, Group and Market level Paid Media teams, CRM teams, as well as the App product and Technology teams. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to apply their knowledge, skills and expertise to the fastest growing part of the business.
Please note the closing date for applications is: Sunday 2nd April
ABOU THE JOB
- LEAD AND IMPLEMENT STRATEGY ON ACQUIRING QUALITY NEW APP USERS TO DRIVE COMMERCIAL GROWTH
Develop and lead the app paid acquisition marketing strategy, using a highly data driven and audience centric approach to target the most effective users to acquire as app users to drive commercial return.
Work closely with group and market paid digital media teams to align on audience targeting rulings and media spend
Convert existing customers from other channels e.g. web and retail to become app users, driving increased commercial return.
Collaborate with key market teams and build a strategic framework with best practice for app acquisition for market teams to execute at a local level
Working with the MMP (Mobile measurement partner) and internal app product team, develop appropriate behavioural events to build into SDK, to utilise for effective acquisition targeting
Work closely and collaborate with the internal market teams and central channel teams with a joined up data driven strategy to acquire quality new app users.
- GROW COMMERCIAL VALUE OF APP USERS
Together with analytics function develop a clear framework on customer lifetime value of a new app user, prove and articulate the value of a new app install through commercial value to help influence app acquisition media budgets
- DEVELOP AN EFFECTIVE AUDIENCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR PAID APP ACQUISITION
Define audience segmentation and definition of existing app installers, based on behavioural insight from app usage, recency & frequency insight and demographic profiling to tailor a targeted and personalised contact strategy across all key paid communication channels with the aim of acquiring new users into the app, increasing usage, conversion and driving repeat bookings.
Shape and co-ordinate audience segmentation and contact strategies in conjunction with CRM and key channels
Work with internal functions, e.g. CRM to develop clear segmentation of existing first party data to enhance audience targeting within paid media.
- SHAPE APP ACQUISITION KPI GROWTH AND INSIGHT
Working closely with the Analytics team, assess the key drivers of app usage and apply those to an effective acquisition strategy that drives commercial growth
Understand the value of a new app download, understanding cost per install metrics, but also integrated more complex metrics such as retention and ROAS to drive customer lifetime value analysis.
Identify trends, and recommend data-informed actions to manage performance against target.
Responsible for timely reporting with actionable insights to markets and C-level Stakeholders.
Develop clear measurement framework and reporting infrastructure at audience level to show success of increased app installs and impact to overall app usage KPIs.
- Experienced Digital Performance Media expert with specific experience on developing paid app acquisition strategies
- Paid Media expertise. Hands on experience, executing paid app acquisition campaigns at a large scale app or at digital performance marketing agency
- Understanding and hands on experience of key digital media channels, inc. ppc, paid social, programmatic
- App paid media experience, and in particular paid app acquisition strategy experience, utilising key channels such as Google App campaigns (UAC) and paid social content marketing acquisition targeting strategies
- Understanding of key performance media metrics e.g ROAS, as well as a clear understanding of key quality app metrics, e.g retention rate, behaviours
- Highly data driven & analytical, with a passion for taking data insight to shape and maximise performance.
- A performance marketing driven mindset. The ability to use data insight to inform the opportunity based on key levers and metrics.
- Strong technical digital skill set, ideally experience of mobile acquisition platforms including Linking and Attribution preferrable.
- Understanding of App technical set ups, understanding and experience of working with large apps and understanding app industry trends around data and cookie rulings e.g ATT/SKAN, IDFA. Understanding of how app works within/alongside other channels.
- Strong Stakeholder management and influencing skills, able to develop trusted working relationships.
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with large scale apps preferrable. Knowledge of app technology, e.g. SDKs, MMPs (e.g Appsflyer) preferrable
- Experience of working with MMPs to derive key campaign insight, measurement and to enhance acquisition targeting
- Understanding of deeplinking, and specifically deferred deep linking to drive acquisition
- Sound understanding of app related challenges and opportunities preferrable, with the ability to harness their potential to enhance the customer journey and drive business value.
- Inclusive collaborative working style, able to work independently but also successfully with colleagues and partners from around the business with a range of roles, skills and seniorities.
- Great communication skills, ability to clearly convey strategy & performance to stakeholders at all levels through various means, translating data & technical complexity into easy-to-understand insight & story.
- Comfortable working in a multi-geography, multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, and powerpoint and able to develop and handle complex data sets
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date