Dependent on local contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Platform enablers is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUIs Cloud and API platform. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the TUI Group API platform team.
The Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering and API connectivity practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud connectivity and platform services for other teams. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering and connectivity with a DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs. You will work with your team to shape cloud infrastructure and best practices, great software tools and services, highly efficient automations, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence. You will
contribute to the delivery of technical solutions and will work within a Product team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business. You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets. You will diligently care about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations. You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables. You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment.
- Good skill set for understanding and solving problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity.
- Ability to own large pieces of work, often with team-wide or even cross-team impact.
- Proven hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code and infrastructure automation.
- Experiences in DevSecOps and security engineering practices is a plus.
- Good knowledge of cloud networking technologies, e.g. DNS, load-balancing, VPCs, peering, Transit-Gateway is a plus.
- Experience with API Platforms (like Apigee, Kong, Axway) and their tools or connectivity is a plus.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI.
- Associate level or higher AWS or GCP certification is a plus.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset.
- Be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills .
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner .
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com