AP Query & Processing Assistant Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
**12 Month Fixed Term Contract**
Reporting directly to the AP Finance Manager, the AP Query & Processing Assistant Manager will be required to effectively manage a team of 10 x Payment Co-ordinators. You will be required to manage and develop the team, carry out 1-2-1 and team meetings and conduct mid-year and year end reviews. Deliver excellent customer service by ensuring all hotel payment queries are responded to in line with service level agreements and tracked by means of a ticketing system Ensuring all suppliers are paid to terms and good working relationships are developed with these suppliers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Building exceptional working relationships with all key stakeholders and foster this mentality amongst all team associates.
- Assist with the management of prepayments and recoveries of supplier critical accounts, including all ad hoc payments.
- Ensure ‘invoice on hold’ queues are cleared prior to payment runs and resolve all queries and issues escalated by the team.
- Monitor query processes to ensure compliance with a greed Service Level Agreements, and ensure service is delivered in line with a greed controls and procedures.
- Promote and foster excellent working relationships with direct customers by dealing with queries in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Provide direct support to the activities of the AP Payment Coordinators where applicable, including resolving queries for internal and external parties.
- Assist the AP Finance Manager with activities to provide cover, including liaising with procurement and finance, and working with the Payment Factory and Treasury teams to ensure that payments are managed in conjunction with cash availability.
- Process all necessary SLA and KPI statistics to monitor and assess the performance of the Query & Processing team to demonstrate compliance with policy, active and effective management of tasks and continuous improvements.
- Improve processes and functions within the team, evaluating options and presenting recommendations. Ensure records are maintained and archived to satisfy audit and statutory requirements.
- Someone with a good Accounts Payable background, strong influencing skills and experience in management a large team.
- You will be required to have an excellent telephone manner along with excellent written and oral skills.
- You must have strong interpersonal skills including persuasiveness and/or assertiveness skills with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You will be required to work to tight deadlines and show excellent communication skills.
- We also require a candidate with good commercial awareness.
- A sound knowledge of working with SAP would be an advantage.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Our offer: our TUI Way of Working (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad).
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit OUR DNA