Finance Analyst - Group IT
The Group IT Finance team is an international team responsible for Technology investments (c. €170m Capex per year) and management of IT cost base (c.€450m Opex per year). We have an opportunity for a role to manage the monthly reporting cycle for TUI Technology, our IT business based in Belgium and to support the consolidation of Group IT Finance.
Joining the Group IT Finance team as a Finance Analyst the role will involve local legal entity accounting, implementation of tax efficient initiatives for R&D and supporting the transformation of the IT Finance reporting function from regional to domain and service level.
You will be responsible for month end close, forecast and budgeting as well as supporting cost saving initiatives. You will be a key Finance contact for Western Region (WR), which is formed of Belgium, Netherlands and France.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager – WR with “dotted line” reporting into the local Finance controller (BE) you will be a key role to bring the wider Finance team together across our global business and will be comfortable with some travel and working at times with total autonomy.
Your technical accounting will need to be strong and desire to improve and drive process efficiency will be required. You will be driven by change and have a strong ability to be agile and respond quickly to challenges and not afraid to bring forward new ideas. A curiosity and interest in new technology would bring additional life to this role.
ABOUT THE JOB
The role will involve legal entity accounting for IT activities. Ensuring accuracy of postings into the ledgers with a strong focus on implementing tax efficient initiatives.
Key responsibilities / tasks in this role will be:
Legal Entity Accounting
- Supporting monthly close of TUI Technology Finance;
- Supporting financial control of all IT spend;
- Implementing R&D tax initiatives;
- Ensuring local accounting standards are met;
- Ongoing evolution of Finance transformation of Technology domains;
- Updating chart of accounts to align with domain structure;
- Submission of forecast for HFM upload;
- Review and management of fixed asset register.
- Providing WR financials as IT domain and work with the Finance Manager to provide detailed analysis where necessary;
- Driving process changes to support IT transformation within the Finance team;
- Overseeing recharges;
- Reconciliation of legal entity accounting to Group IT;
- Support on group wide tax initiatives.
- Supporting wider team to ensure information for domains is provided in a consistent and accurate way;
- Supporting domain transparency and consolidation;
- Supporting ‘One Version of the Truth’ principles as set out via One Finance programme;
- Continuing process improvement.
- Strong local accounting knowledge, preferably with some tax experience;
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills;
- Strong intercultural awareness;
- Strong analytical and modelling (Excel) skills;
- Presentational skills;
- Capable of building relationships across Europe with business partners;
- RACS system knowledge would be advantageous, but not essential.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in an international team who are working with forward thinking methodologies like Lean and Agile.
- Become a valued team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programme including free language lessons and various Management Development Programmes.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.