Senior Android Developer
37.5 - 40
As a Senior Android Developer you’ll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept /design/ build/ deploy /test, right through to release to app stores and support.
Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. You will work in our Mobility Hub which encompasses Creative, Product, Commercial, Analytics, Architecture & Development and QA functions. The Mobility Hub has been set up with the remit to shape the group wide strategy and deliver world class digital products for personalised and context aware consumer service across all touch points.
In 12 months, we have moved from a standing start to having a multi award winning app that has already had more than 1 million downloads, the TUI Digital Assistant (TDA), rolled out to over 8 countries across 6 different languages and being used by more than 150,000 customers every month. This is just the beginning – we are about to embark on a multi-year plan to see the evolution of our TDA from where it is today to being a feature-rich app the likes of which our industry has never seen, and that customers will never have experienced – this is where we need your help.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Android Developer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI apps. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release
- A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps
- Within this role you will create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
- Experience of Android development (Kotlin, Coroutines, Android SDK, RxJava)
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Understanding of Android UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions balancing design, quality and velocity
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK’s
- Solid understanding of OOP principals and design
- Experience with outside data sources and API’s (JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML)
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.