Data Engineer (M/F/D)
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Marketing, Sales and Common Analytics is a global team within TUI technology responsible for CX, Sales and Digital Analytics. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience. The Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building a strong core data warehouse. Furthermore, you support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You take part in Communities of Practice and collaborate in shared initiatives to grow your experience. You learn and grow in your role and welcome receiving support and coaching from senior colleagues.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics;
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organisation, and high-quality communication;
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insights into key business metrics;
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills – enjoy working with data, process analytics and development, understanding of common architectures;
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault);
- Experience in data modelling with ETL (e.g. usage of Informatica) and scheduling (e.g. UC4, airflow);
- Knowledge of BI applications such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire;
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills;
- English language skills required (written & spoken);
- German language skills as a big plus
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Learning Lounge.