Facts about the country
Tradition and innovation intertwine here: artistic masterpieces, windmills, tulips and candlelit cafés coexist with ground-breaking architecture, cutting-edge design and phenomenal nightlife.
TUI Netherlands offers great career opportunities in a vibrant city that is not only surrounded by lush forests, but has its own beaches too. The Hague, quite simply, has it all. It is the third largest city in The Netherlands, with a population of close to 500,000. It is referred to as Den Hague or as ‘s-Gravenhage’ (which literally translates as The Count’s Hedge), and is home to the Royal family, as well as being the seat of the government, parliament, the Supreme Court and the Council of State.
TUI Netherlands employs over 2,500 people, and with a number of brands in their portfolio, they have holiday – and career opportunities – to suit everyone. The brands include Holland International (which will become TUI effective 1st November 2016), TUIfly, Kras, ROBINSON, Extravacanza and Wedding Unlimited. They have 120 Arke travel agencies and 32 franchises under the Holland International brand.
Dutch. However, the majority of our employees speak English.
Ammerzoden is close to Den Bosch. ’s-Hertogenbosch, also known as Den Bosch, is a city overflowing with festivals and events. It has a versatile cultural-historical city centre offering churches, museums, sailing trips, guides tours, and many other fascinating places of interest. Moreover, ‘s-Hertogenbosch is the place to be for Burgundians thanks to its centre packed with unique restaurants and lively cafés. Additionally, a wide variety of activities for children is available. Or go on a shopping spree in one of the many shopping areas throughout the city.
- The office is easily accessible by public transport.
- During the first week, your line manager will give you all the tools you need to get started (badge, laptop,…). They will give you a tour of the building and present you to all your new colleagues.
Rijswijk (TUI Netherlands)
Rijswijk is near The Hague. Some places always remain dear to one’s heart. The Hague can be said to be one such place. The city of peace and justice. The city of the cosmopolitan and the beach. From new styles to old masters. From shops to palaces. From exotic cuisines to Dutch fishing harbours. From international jurisdiction to street savvy. The Hague will captivate you with its modern skyline combined with beautiful historical and royal buildings in the city centre. Discover The Hague with this must-see list.
Facilities in and around the office:
- Reception opening hours: 08.00 – 18.00 hours
- Restaurant for lunch from 12.00 – 13.30 hours, payment is by bank card
- Underground visitors parking below the building, the reception will open the gate
- A large shopping centre in 5 minutes walking distance
- Hotel Grand Winston and Hotel Bastion in 5 minutes walking distance
Route description by train:
- Railway station Rijswijk: course the platform in southern direction (direction Plaspoelpolder). Up the stairways you take the left exit. You walk straight ahead between the Leisure Centre Sir Winston and the library (hold right). Cross the road and hold left. TUI Nederland office is situated on the corner of Treubstraat and Volmerlaan.
Directions from Amsterdam (Schiphol Airport):
- Take direction Den Haag/Rotterdam (A4). Follow direction Den Haag, Den Haag-Zuid/Rijswijk (A4). Take direction Plaspoelpolder (exit 10).
Directions from Rotterdam (Airport Zestienhoven):
- Take direction Den Haag/Delft (A13). Follow direction Den Haag, Den Haag-Zuid/Rijswijk (A4). Take direction Plaspoelpolder (exit 10).
- At the bottom of exit 10, Plaspoelpolder, turn right. At the traffic light go straight ahead. Go straight ahead at the crossing until the T-crossing. Turn left at the T-crossing. The last building on your left hand side before the next traffic lights is TUI, with the entrance to the parking garage where you can park.
Enschede (TUI Netherlands)
Enschede is a city of knowledge and education. With the University of Twente and ‘Kennispark Twente’ (lt. Knowledge Park Twente), internationally acclaimed for their ability to transfer theoretical knowledge into high end practical applications. A city with Saxion University of Applied Sciences, a conservatory, a pop academy, an international school and an art academy.
Epicentre to music and culture in the east of the Netherlands. With a splendid range of shops and boutiques. All centred around the most convivial public square in the Netherlands; de Oude Markt (lt. Old Market Square) that is surrounded by several cafés, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Directions with public transport:
- Take the train to Enschede Station.
- From Enschede Station, take bus 74 or bus 2 towards Helmerhoek.
- Get off at bus stop P + R Zuiderval. The white building on the far left on the other side of the road is the office of TUI Netherlands.
Directions by car:
- From the highway A35 take the exit Enschede-Zuid (exit 25).
- At the exit, turn left at the traffic lights. You drive the Zuiderval, direction center.
- At the next traffic lights go straight ahead and after about 500 meters, past the Van der Valk Hotel, you will find our building on the left.
- Here lane to turn left. You arrive at a barrier: you can log in via the intercom.
- You can then continue to the end, then left the building around, where you can park. The visitors parking lots are marked by signs.
During your first week, your line manager will give you all the tools you need to get started (badge, laptop,…), they will give you a tour of the building and present you to all colleagues.