Atlassian Inhouse Consultant and Engineer (Spain Portugal)
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Colleague Computing is a global team within TUI technology responsible for effective delivery of all the common IT services our colleagues need to provide excellent service to our customers. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join the Colleague Computing technology organisation which provides everything, from IT service desk capabilities to IT device management and Collaboration services, to our colleagues.
The Atlassian Inhouse Consultant and Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art application management practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape he/she is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will be part of a cross-functional team that enables the usage and administration of Jira, Jira Service Management, Confluence and other IT tools across the TUI Group. Being an enthusiast in customer-focused support, administration and customization of these tools, with a strong consulting mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- Your main responsibilities will consist of:
- Administration and configuration of the applications Jira, Confluence and Jira Service Management as well as associated third-party plug-ins
- Training and consulting users across the TUI Group on how to best use the tools
- Understanding the processes and ways of working of our colleagues, and documenting and sharing this knowledge within the team
- Resolution of technical issues and service requests
- Creation and operation of interfaces to other technical systems
- Participation in interdisciplinary project teams, e.g. for migration tasks
- Adding articles to the knowledge bases aimed at the team itself or the tools’ users
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experienced in the usage and administration of Confluence, Jira and ideally Jira Service Management
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication and consulting skills
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Able to design, build, test, and deploy solutions for the administration of IT tools
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- In addition, the following skills and qualifications are an advantage:
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience with other Atlassian products (OpsGenie, Statuspage, etc.)
- Experience in the migration of Atlassian applications
- Experience with ITSM Tools, knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience in automation of processes
- Database knowledge and experience (SQL statements)
- Programming skills, ideally in Java, Python, Groovy scripting
- Cloud engineering knowledge and experience, ideally for AWS
- Windows and Linux usage and administration knowledge
At TUI we have set standards for placing people in specific roles and levels of experience. We are very keen to ensure that everyone recognizes themselves in the role with the level of experience they deserve. For this purpose, we have adopted a matrix of skills that we use to accompany people to progress in their career path by setting specific personal goals for each one.
To learn more about our career ladder, read here
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.