TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Mobile & Payments is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI’s Mobile apps and Global Payment solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Payments & Mobiletechnology organisation which looks after TUI’s Mobile applications and Global Payment solutions.
The SolutionArchitect is responsible for the full architecture landscape ofTUI’s Mobile Applications and their supporting infrastructureand oversees key technical and design decisions from ideation through to implementation. You collaborate closely with Heads of Product, Heads of Technology and other key stakeholders, and have a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains.
You are an advocate for state-of-the-art Mobile and Cloud architectures within the domain and are well-connected within the global Architecture communities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a SolutionArchitect, you are responsible for the creation of technology and organisational transformation activities and technology direction. In collaboration with technology leaders including the Head of Architecture and other senior architects, you will help shape a vision and strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions within Payments & Mobile domain.
You will use your excellent facilitation and solicitation skills to effectively engage with teams to enhance their capability, continuously exploring new ways to improve the quality of solutions, ensuring that options are considered, and recommended approaches are clearly designed with valuable solutions. You champion policies, standards and practices and help define and execute the technology strategy for TUI and each domain, using your knowledge of compliance and integrity of the business strategies.
You identify and implement improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and map the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate processes and adapt them to market trends. You also ensure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, and the objectives of the organisation.
You maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in the Mobile and Cloud spaces. You think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy and use these insights to shape emergent architecture of TUI Mobile applications & their surrounding infrastructure. You ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
- Thought leader in Mobile and Cloud best practices, active member of global Architecture, Cloud and Security communities.
- An experienced architect authentic servant leader with passion for Mobile technology and Cloud architecture.
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprins and the optimisation of them to drive development and innovation.
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders.
- Good grasp of experience with Cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
Hands-on technical knowledge and delivery experience in several of these areas:
- Cloud solutions & deployment (AWS)
- Mobile eco-system
- Distributed architectures
- Digital transformation and Legacy platform migration
- RESTful APIs and API gateways
- Good knowledge of various Mobile platforms and technologies and the challenges working in a Mobile environment.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex technical problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly, diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com