37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Engagement is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery who are located, and also providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Web technology organisation which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that is a mix of SRE/DevOps engineers. Being an enthusiast as DevOps with a strong security mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills, you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- Care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services.
- Work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
- Ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management.
- Be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements.
- Searching for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted. Continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency.
- Support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota.
- You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required.
- Verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Demonstrate active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- Always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- Eager to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- You are proactive and foresee issues and identify the best way to solve them.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud. environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets.
- Good hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) , including EC2, IAM , S3, ECS (fargate), VPC, Load Balancers, SSL Certificates, Security.
- Very good experience with CI/CD, preferably Jenkins and Gitlab CI.
- Experience with fixing and implementing from scratch new pipelines and CI/CD jobs to speed-up releases.
- Infrastructure-as-code with Terraform.
- AWS Certification at Associate level or above would be good to have.
- Experience with working/implementing monitoring/observability solutions (preferably Datadog or Dynatrace) as well as with incident response solutions (PagerDuty).
- Willingness to take part in 24/7 on-call rota (1 week rota).
- Good coding skills for devops, like Python, Bash or any other programming language.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Proactive, open minded, inquisitive, and eager to learn.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours, and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.