Base Support and Repairs Engineer
Part 145 Base Maintenance Support Engineer is a function within our airline organisation responsible for Engineering Technical Support on multiple lines of heavy maintenance for both H61, Luton and H40, Brussels base maintenance with solutions to tasks/defects that are beyond the scope of those in published data manuals. Review manufacturers, internal company, and regulatory recommendations / requirements to ensure that aircraft and completed tasks are compliant with regulations and perform to their optimum.
The Part 145 Base Maintenance Support Engineer function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving efficiency and innovation.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Part 145 Base Support and Safety Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Provide advanced technical support for structures, systems, and engine defects exceeding manufacturers’ manuals.
- Collaborate with OEMs and internal departments to secure agreements for proposed solutions.
- Offer guidance and assistance to Part 145 maintenance staff, including structural repairs and AD/SB assessments.
- Compile man-hours and data packages for maintenance checks on TUI fleet aircraft.
- Evaluate technical instructions, enhance service bulletin/modification implementation, and attend daily hangar meetings.
- Record and recommend modifications to reduce persistent aircraft system defects, consult on deviations, and represent TUI Airways in industry meetings.
- Develop internal repair schemes, conduct audits, and provide technical support during maintenance inputs.
- Prepare reports to support airline claims following aircraft damage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Airline Maintenance environment
- Proven record and knowledge of aircraft structures and systems relevant to the aircraft types operated by the TUI Group Airlines.
- Ability to find airframe, system and engine AMM, CMM, IPC, SRM, WDM and other manuals or OEM drawings for maintenance support.
- Have a good knowledge of NAA, Part M and Part 145 regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of Human Factors
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of company’s engineering IT systems, Adobe, and drawing software packages.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
Working at TUI has many advantages – here are some of the highlights:
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts
- Online wellbeing and learning support
- Fun and dynamic work culture
- We will provide support with work permit sponsorship and relocation.
- We offer you a long-term (permanent) contract